Colombia Diego Samuel Bermudez | double anaerobic
Finca Paraiso |
Diego Samuel now 34 years old who was born in Bolivar, Cauca has dedicated the last 13 years of his life to growing coffee and to also gaining a deep understanding and knowledge on the processing and production of high-end specialty coffee that is almost unparalleled in the unique flavour and profiles produced.
- region: EL TAMBO, CAUCA | The Villa Esperanza – Paraiso farm in El Tambo, Cauca sits at 1700 masl and covers 27 ha of land and is planted with Castillo, Colombia, Caturra and geisha. The farm focuses on technology and the critical processes that and intricate in producing coffee of this mark. From the selection to the meticulous drying which is done in a way to mitigate the changeable climatic conditions allowing them to replicate coffees of such high standards.
- variety: Castillo | A leave rust resistant variety that was developed for over two decades by Cenicafé in Colombia. Castillo is mainly found in Colombia and has high yields. It is popular amongst Colombian producers because of its rust-resistant character.
- altitude: 1700
- crop: 2019
- process: special double anaerobic fermentation |
1. First phase is an anaerobic fermentation in cherry for 48 hours in tanks with relief valve at 18o Celsius.
3. The second phase is an anaerobic fermentation with mucilage for 96 hours at
4. Thermic shock washed. First, washed with water at 40o Celsius and then with
water at 12o Celsius.
5. Controlled drying for 34 hours at 35o Celsius and a relative humidity of 25%
until reaching a grain moisture of 10% – 11%.
The drying process is made in our drying machine (eco-enigma) which works
Descriptors: exotic profile | lychee | skittles | apple
Price is for 200 gr.