El Salvador Papa Nono | anaerobic
The name PAPANONO honors the legacy of Father Jose Antonio Salaverria SR and grandfather of Andres Salaverria, who was known by the name “Papa Nono”. Coffee is a generational business in the Salaverria family which has always worked with much passion and love for coffee growing. Papanono was part of the third generation of the family in coffee, followed by Jose Antonio Salaverria Borja (4th generation) who today works with his son Andres (5th generation). Papanono, always instilled a principle of teamwork and this lot is a clear example of the result of good work put from the collection of the fruit in its optimum point, its process of COLD FERMENTATION, until its export process. Just as we have fought for this lot, we will fight to have many more of equal or better quality in the future, following the legacy of our ancestors, always with the passion for coffee that has characterized us as a family.
- Region: Apaneca – Ilamatepec
- Producer: Andres Salaverria
- Altitude: 1500 masl.
- Preparation: combined anaerobic natural |The vessels in which the coffee cherries are fermented don’t contain any oxygen at all: The oxygen is removed when the coffee is added at the beginning of the process, and valves on the tanks keep them free from oxygen seeping in during the process while also allowing CO2 to be released as it builds up during fermentation. In year 2020 1200lt. tanks were installed on the farm to increase volume of anaerobics and decrease price.
- Variety: Red Bourbon | One of the most culturally and genetically important C. arabica varieties in the world, known for excellent quality in the cup at the highest altitudes.
- Crop: 2020/2021
- SCA: 89,25
- Descriptors: intense fruity profile with hazelnut liqueur as dominant descriptor